Guiding you through the legal requirements for separation

If you are separating from your spouse without going through a formal divorce, you might want to give consideration to organising the division of your finances.

This can be done in a number of ways, but the most common is by a Deed of Separation. This is a formal document, usually prepared by a solicitor, after each party has provided a proper financial disclosure of their assets.

By adopting this approach, a settlement can be negotiated in an open manner and then formalised in a document which can be relied upon if divorce proceedings subsequently commence.

It can often save time and money in the long run and frequently leads to less acrimonious divorces and divisions of marital assets.

Depending on the extent and complexity of your assets, Ormrods Solicitors & Advocates can prepare your separation agreement on the basis of a fixed fee.

For more information or to arrange a free, initial consultation, call Michael Penny on 01253 850777 or email