Putting your children’s needs first

In cases of separation or divorce when you also have children involved in the break up, they and their best interests will always be at the forefront of your mind.

There is a formal court process for establishing where and with whom your children will live, as well as how often the absent partner gets to see them.  However, it is often far better to try to negotiate and agree these arrangements without having to enter a courtroom.

Ormrods is committed to resolving difficulties regarding your children’s residency or contact between parents or guardians in a non-confrontational manner.  We will advise you of your legal rights and suggest what the best solution to any difficulty might be.

If necessary, we can also advise you in relation to specific applications to the court regarding children. We discuss all other relevant issues, such as maintenance payments and lump sum payments for the benefit of your children.

Changes made by the government to the scope of Legal Aid mean that an increasing amount of people will be ineligible for public funding. We can assist you in all the relevant areas and we will always give you a clear idea of what cost may be involved before undertaking any work.

To find out more or to arrange an initial interview, free of charge, please call us on 01253 850777 or email info@ormrods.co.uk